Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Drag Race: All Stars Preview

I was honestly very excited about all of the contestants and had no idea about who I would add to the cast (although, Cam did have some preferences). Pandora Boxx and Chad Michaels are my favorites (top three are Chad Michaels, Nina Flowers and Pandora Boxx) so I was quite pleased. I think the reason I love Chad Michaels so much is because I love Cher (so I love that he loves Cher).

Information on the clips and images we referenced in the preview can be found on LogoTV.

Contestants are:

From Season 1: Nina Flowers (Jorge Flores), Runner up; Shannel (Bryan Watkins), 4th place; Tammie Brown (Keith Glen Schubert), 8th place

From Season 2: Raven (David Petruschin), Runner up; Jujubee (Airline Inthyrath), 3rd place; Pandora Boxx (Michael Steck), 5th place

From Season 3: Manila Luzon (Karl Westerberg), Runner up; Alexis Mateo (Alexis Mateo Pacheco), 3rd place; Yara Sofia (Gabriel Burgos Ortiz) 4th place; Mimi Imfurst, (Braden Chapman), 11th place

From Season 4: Chad Michaels (Chad Michaels), Runner up; Latrice Royale (Timothy Wilcots) 4th place

The contestants are split fairly evenly over the seasons, which I also appreciate. I did mention that Mimi Imfurst was a surprise since she was in 11th place and I barely recalled her.

Teams:

Team Latrila (Latrice Royale and Manila Luzon)
Team Yarlexis (Alexis Mateo and Yara Sofia)
Team Mandora (Mimi Imfurst and Pandora Boxx)
Team Rujubee (Raven and Jujubee)
Team Shad (Shannel and Chad Michaels)
Team Brown Flowers (Tammie Brown and Nina Flowers)

First two episode descriptions:
  • Episode 1 - It Takes Two
Twelve All Stars arrive to compete for $100,000 and a chance to become the first inductee into RuPaul’s Drag Race Hall of Fame. In the season premiere, the queens have to produce high fashion editorial photo spreads.
  • Episode 2 - RuPaul’s Gaff-In
The queens find themselves battling for laughs while impersonating their favorite celebrities on “RuPaul’s Gaff-In” with Vicki Lawrence’s “Mama”, who is joined on the judge’s panel by actress Busy Phillips.

Vicki Lawrence (who we talked about) is actually "Mama" from "Mama's Family". I LOVE her on Mama's family, and I didn't recognize her name at first, but I saw promotional pictures of her for Drag Race All Stars and she looks amazing!

Guest Judges include:

*Billy B (I hope we all know who this is)
*Janice Dickinson (the first supermodel, an author, notably funny)
*Beth Ditto (singer)
*Rachel Dratch (former SNL actress)
*Elvira (again, I would hope we all know who this is, television personality)
*Rachel Hunter (model, actress and reality TV show host)
*Vicki Lawrence (MAMA)
* Ross Matthews ("Ross the Intern" from Jay Leno)
*Wendi McLendon-Covey (actress, was in Reno 911)
*Kelly Osbourne (tv personality, daughter of Ozzy Osbourne)
*Cheri Oteri (former SNL actress)
*Rosie Perez (actress)
*Busy Philipps (actress)

I'm not going to read too much into the queens before the first episode as I want to go in with an open mind and release and prior ideas of them.  The Gay Beaner has a great review of the queens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment